Sunday, March 18, 2012

DIY: Studded distressed shorts

Shredded shorts and studs have been on my mind!  There are so many cute styles out there and I almost bought one for about $157.  Then, lightning struck and I thought, "why not make them myself?"

And so, here it is....
Thrifted Levi's from Goodwill $7
Studs from Oregon Leather Co. $6
Sharpie
butter knife
tweezers
scissors
bleach
shallow tub
old tooth brush

Now, there are lots of great DIY videos on YouTube that will help. The best video that had great tips is posted at the bottom.

Let's get started!





Three hours and two very sore thumbs later...


Can't wait to wear these!  
But first, a trip to the bleach bucket and washer.

NOTE: Be sure the denim is stiff and not too soft.  It will help with the studding and shredding.



1 comment:

  1. The shorts turned out great! I just found your blog, and fell inlove with it! I hope you take time to visit my blog too :)

    http://funandoblivious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Ground Rules: Everyone may comment but please be respectful and mindful of others. I value honesty, integrity, and repect. Derogatory comments and/or poor etiquitte will NOT be tolerated.