Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Looks: "Hurry back, hurry back"

You know how it feels when you have a good shopping day? When you're just out and about not expecting to shop but found the items that your heart has sat on for months... well, that was today.

It started out as a typical cloudy Portland Saturday, had a small breakfast, got the nails done and decided to head off to NW 23rd.  Every day during the week as I leave by yoga class on NW 23rd, I would pass by this new store.  Of course, never really had the time to stop in plus I was sweaty so today (Saturday) I finally got the chance.  No high expectation, but once I walked through their front doors I just knew I will be buying something.

One of the purchase? These 1950's Cat Eye sunglasses.  The frames are vintage with great rhinestones detail.  The cool part? These glasses were owned by an optometrist, he changed the lenses so that there would be UV protection.  What a thoughtful idea!  Anyways, when I saw it I just had to have them.  The real Cat Eye sunglasses, so HAPPY!!!


As for the wool blazer? It is a vintage blazer, adorned with appliques and cashmere hoodie/sleeves as well as hand sewn fresh water pearls in the detail.  Another great creation from Portland's very own Bella Sisters.  Want to know more about them? Read the post about the Bella Sisters at Not Made to Measure Blog: Bella Sisters






Scarf from Anthropologie
Vintage Cat Eye sunglasses from 1950's, from Reveille on NW 23rd
My Look:
American Apparel chiffon button up shirt
American Apparel chambray jumpsuit
Anthropologie scarf
Target necklace
Bella Sisters vintage wool blazer
ASOS satchel
Michael by Michael Kors shoes
Urban Outfitters socks
Reveille, vintage 1950's Cat Eye sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ground Rules: Everyone may comment but please be respectful and mindful of others. I value honesty, integrity, and repect. Derogatory comments and/or poor etiquitte will NOT be tolerated.